Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Little Stinkers (literally!)

So we have been having some issues lately... some very stinky issues! I will first start with Gavin since he was our first stinker that was born. Our babies are very "regular" babies. It never fails, both babies poop at the same times every day... no joke. Last week sometime I was talking on the phone with my sister. I could hear in the background one of the babies pushing. I thought to myself, "Gotta change that when I'm off the phone." So I continued with my conversation until I see this brown spot on the carpet. I immediately knew what it was and told my sister that I needed to get off the phone. It was obviously going to be a messy job since it had already come out of the diaper, and I needed to get my changing pad out which was in the kitchen in the diaper bag. Both babies were on the other side of the room playing with toys very contently, so I thought it would be okay to leave them there while I was getting the changing pad. Keep in mind that my kitchen is like 10 steps away from the living room... not very far at all. When I get back into the living room with the changing pad, Gavin had already found his way over to the "brownie" on the floor. He had it all smooshed in his hand and he was eating it!!! AAHHHH! Meanwhile Maddie decides that she needs to get in on the fun and is crawling over to all the action. I quickly thought to myself, "Better to have only one baby eating poo than two" so I grabbed Maddie and put her in the exersaucer before she could get to it. I then grabbed Gavin and ran him to the bathroom and washed his hands and mouth (and then brushed his teeth...yuck!). I couldn't believe it! My Mom and sister always teased me about when I was a baby doing similar things, but I thought for sure that my babies would never do anything like that! And just in case your wondering, Gavin was the one with the dirty diaper, so at least he was eating his own poo... does that make it any better!?!?
So I'm sure you have guessed it already... yes I have a story about our second little stinker as well. I left both babies with Daddy while I ran out really quick to do something. Like I said before, the babies are very regular, so I warned Len that Maddie was due to do her business. When I got home Len said, "You will never believe what happened!" Immediately I knew this was going to be another poo story (a mom's intuition never fails)! Maddie has learned how to pull the tabs off of her diaper and get her diaper off. Len told me that Maddie made her way over to the dinning room like she always does to play with her jungle gym (aka kitchen table). The next thing he knew he sees his little girl with her diaper off and stomping in her poo that was all over the floor! He figured better to have just one baby in poo as well, and caught Gavin before he made his way over to all the fun. What is it with those babies??? They are fast little stinkers... and I love them and their messes!

No comments: