Monday, December 8, 2008

Birthday party... the good and the bad

Well, this past Saturday we had the babies first birthday party! I can't believe that it is already said and done with... where did that first year go??? The party turned out great, but poor little Gavin got sick on Friday. He started having diarrhea and he threw up dinner Friday night. To make things worse, he went poo in his diaper in the middle of the night Friday while he was sleeping, and we didn't notice it until the next morning... so needless to say, his little bottom was VERY raw! When Sat rolled around, Gavin seemed to be doing okay, so we went on with the party like we had planned. After everyone left though, Gavin started to have the bad diapers again. I made him sleep in bed with us Sat. night and Sun. night so that I could change him if he went in the middle of the night... and sure enough he did. It was miserable having him sleep with us because he HATES it. He is so used to his crib that he couldn't get comfy, so he really didn't sleep all that well (and we didn't either). He seems to be doing a little better, although he still has a raw bottom and is still going at least 4-5 times a day. Anyways, here are the birthday party pics... enjoy!






"I have my party hat on and am ready to PARTY!"


"Hey Mom, is this really necessary???"


"What is this thing?"


"Well, it's good whatever it is!"


"Oh, excuse me... I got a little on the side of my mouth... let me wipe it off."


"Can we have this for lunch everyday Mommy?"


Precious messy girl!


"I claim this present Gavin!"


Of course the wrapping paper was a bigger hit than any of the presents!


"Oh... this is what I always wanted!!!"


Look in the background of the baby biting Mommy's head... ha!


I think this is one of the only presents Gavin was interested in opening


This is what he did instead of opening presents... he went around socializing with all the guests


The morning after... playing with new toys


I love the static hair!

No comments: