Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, we're having a ...

GIRL!

We are very excited that we will be adding another little girl to our family. She looks great and is measuring right on track.

There is a bit of a concern though. I have whats called a velamentous cord insertion which is going to have to be monitored very closely. Basically, the cord is not attached to the placenta like it is in 99% of pregnancies. Instead, it is attached to my bag of water. There are unprotected blood vessels that then run from where the cord is attached to the bag of water to the placenta.

Also, these vessels are in the lower part of my uterus, which can cause even more issues. This condition is called vasa previa, and is a very serious condition. Long story short, I am very worried and need all the prayers I can get! We will go back in another 4 weeks to take a look at things and make sure little girl is still growing properly.

I'll keep everyone posted!

And by the way, Len took a belly pic of me the other day, but Im not in love with it. As soon as we get a different one, I'll post it!

No comments: