Tuesday, September 2, 2008

In loving memory

It has been a very long summer for my family since my Father was diagnosed with a brain tumor in early June. Since his diagnosis, we were able to spend some wonderful moments with my Dad, moments that I will treasure forever. None of us knew that his days were as limited as they were, and he passed away August 21. Even though we knew the inevitable would happen, none of us expected that it would be as quick as it was. It has been a struggle loosing him, as I'm sure it will continue to be in the months to come. My Father was such a wonderful man, no one can ever replace him. Family meant the most to him, and every day that he had with us was another day that he showed us how much he loved us. Even though he was tired in his last few months, he always made a point to spend as much time with his family as he could. He always said that his brain tumor was the worst and best thing that could have ever happened to him. His tumor opened his eyes to a lot of things that he would have never imagined possible. In his last few months, he loved and lived more than he ever had before, and I am so happy that he got the chance to do that. As I am here grieving, I know that my Dad is watching over me with a smile on his face. I miss him so much, and will love him forever.

My Dad always loved to come over and feed Gavin his apple juice and try to rock him to sleep so that they could nap together.


I know I have posted this picture before, but this is my absolute favortie picture of Maddie and my Dad.


This was awseome. My Dad would come over every Saturday while I was at work to help Len out with the babies. One day on my way home, this was the rainbow that I saw. The picture doesn't do it justice at all... it was HUGE, it went from one end to the other. When got home I ran inside and got my Dad. My Dad had never seen a rainbow so perfect. It put a smile on all of our faces, and I will always remember that day.

No comments: