Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's officially official!

We put our house on the market to sell today! The pessimist side of me knows that it will probably take forever to sell, especially since there are like 6 for sell all around ours! We are excited though. We have really been working hard to get this place ready to put on the market.

Anyways, with it being the first day on the market, I was not expecting anyone to come take a look at it today. I was thinking it would take at least a few days before we got a call on it. Well, I was wrong! We all know that trying to keep a house clean with 15 month old twins is just about the hardest thing in the world to do. This morning the babies were cranky, so I decided to get out with them and do some much need clothes shopping. When we got home, the babies took about an hour nap and I was able to do a few things around the house. When the babies woke up, we ate lunch and I played dress up with Madaleine and all her new clothes. I was not in the least bit worried about the mess we were making. The babies were still a little cranky, and since it was a nice day, I decided to take them to the park. I left my messy home just the way it was, and went out to thoroughly wear out my kiddos so that they could come home and crash. I was really looking forward to that loooooooooong nap I just knew they would take after spending an afternoon at the park. The kids played their little hearts out at the park... my mission was achieved, my kids were exhausted! So we headed home to take that nap. Just as we were pulling into our neighborhood, I get a call from a realtor saying that they want to show the house in 30 minuets! AHHHHHHHHH! Of course I said no problem, but I was stressin my friends!!! All I could think about was that huge mess in my house and that there would be no way I would be able to clean it up with the kiddos (who were screaming their heads off because they were soooo tired). I pulled into the driveway, got the kids out, and ran over to my neighbors house (they have a little girl the twins age.) They were so kind to watch the babies for me so I could clean up the house. I was somehow able to get everything done, picked up the tired kids, and headed out to chick-fil-a for dinner. It was miserable. I never take the kids to eat by myself. It is extremely difficult. And with them being so tired already, it made it that much more difficult. We survived though. So the moral of the story is that I really do need to be prepared to have anyone come look at the house at any moment. This my friends just might be the death of me! So, if you have any suggestions on how to do this seemingly impossible task of keeping the house ready to show at all times, please enlighten me!

P.S. I will be sure to post some pics of the babies at the park a little later.

No comments: