Thursday, February 12, 2009

Take it to heart

The other day on the radio, I heard Liz Jordan talking about how you should take your complements for what they are, encouragement, and not make your response to those compliments negative.

She was soooo talking to me.

Yesterday my husband came home from work to find us sitting down at the table eating dinner. I seemed, to him anyways, to have everything under control. From his perspective the house looked clean, dinner was ready, the kids were actually quiet and eating, and there were even fresh baked Valentine cookies on the counter. He said to me, "Awww... look at you, little Mrs. Homemaker!" I immediately rolled my eyes. I mean come on.... me ... Mrs. Homemaker? I said, "What are you talking about Len?" He replied back everything that I mentioned above. I told him that I was not even hardly a good homemaker. The house wasn't that clean. I literally have to tell people when they walk in the front door to make sure they look where they are walking... I wouldn't want anyone to trip and fall and break an arm over all the toys scattered everywhere! As far as dinner... it was just spaghetti, nothing fancy at all. And those cookies... the "fresh baked" ones........ they were those kind that all you have to do it pop them in the oven. They even came pre cut into hearts, no work required.

Then he said to me, "Geeze Jessica, here I am giving you a compliment and all you do is...". He didn't need to say anymore.

I will continue to work hard at taking to heart the compliments I receive, especially from my hubby :) I think that's something we could all work on. Use your compliments to encourage you!

So today, I have a smile on my face because to my husband, I am his "little Mrs. Homemaker", thank you very much!
Miss Mix-a-Lot: When Little Ricky starts nursery school, Lucy tries to distract herself by baking. (Photo courtesy CBS Photo Archive/Getty Images)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are right...again! Don't you ever forget it...you are my "Hot, Sexy, and Gorgeous little Mrs Homemaker"

I love you BABE!

Len